Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Voice of Vietnamese Americans Welcomes State Legislatiors Back to Begin 2013 Legislative Session
Voice of Vietnamese Americans welcomes all State Legislators back today, January 9, 2013, to begin 2013 Legislative Session. This year policy makers will face challenges as well as opportunities to truly illuminate the American core values, embedded in our power of the people, starting with the voting rights.
Voice of Vietnamese Americans advocates for the following:
1. Voting Rights: Protect voting rights for all citizens.
2. Health Care: Ensure affordable health care for all people.
3. Housing: Ensure affordable housing and sustainable home ownership.
4. Education: Ensure quality education for all children from K-12. Promote higher education opportunity by making tuition affordable to all.
5. Public Safety: Pass stricter Gun Control Laws, with background check and mental health status carefully monitored.
6. Promote jobs and ensure capital accessibility to small businesses.
Voice of Vietnamese Americans urges all of us to get engaged by fulfilling our civic duties.
More information about the Virginia General Assemby can be found in the link below: